Patent application title: TRAFFIC BOLLARD
Edson Navarro Torres (Sao Caetano Do Sul, BR)
SG INDUSTRIA E COMERCIO DE PLASTICOS E ELASTOMEROS LTDA
IPC8 Class: AE01F1300FI
Class name: Road structure, process, or apparatus traffic steering device or barrier
Publication date: 2016-03-31
Patent application number: 20160090703
"TRAFFIC BOLLARD", which is used to delimit a pedestrian or vehicle track
being fixed to the surface of the floor (P) by screws. The traffic
bollard herein mentioned includes a base portion (3) with a preferably
round contour of which a tubular portion (4) of preferably round
cross-section heads upstream; the monoblock body (2) is hollow from its
base and through all the inner portion of its tubular section (4); the
base (3) has a conical log configuration being crossed by vertical holes
(5); the outer surface of the tubular portion (4) includes strips in
relative low relief (7) that houses bands (8) of reflective material (9),
said bands being attached along the strips in relative low relief (7).
2. A traffic bollard, the traffic bollard comprising: a body comprising: a base; and an upright extension, wherein, the base comprises a planar bottom surface and a sloped upper surface, the sloped upper surface, the base having a first thickness between the upper and lower surface at an outer perimeter of the base, the upper surface extending inwardly and upwardly to an intersection with the upright extension, the base and the upright extension formed of a single piece of plastic, the upright extension having a top surface which is the top surface of the traffic bollard, the base further comprising a series of holes extending from the top surface to the bottom surface, the series of holes arranged around the base between the outer perimeter and the intersection of the base with the upright extension, each of the series of holes configured to receive a screw or a bushing which is configured to attach the traffic bollard to a surface with the upright extension in an upright position, the base and the extension being hollow and forming an open central portion, and the extension having a closed top.
3. The traffic bollard of claim 2, wherein the upright extension further comprises at least one recessed groove around a perimeter of the upright extension, the at least one recessed groove configured to contain a reflective material.
4. The traffic bollard of claim 2, wherein the upright extension further comprises a recess in the top surface.
5. the traffic bollard of claim 2, further comprising a thickened portion located at the intersection of the base and the upright extension.
6. The traffic bollard of claim 2, wherein the hollow central portion forms an opening in the base.
7. The traffic bollard of claim 2, wherein the upright extension has a circular cross-section.
8. The traffic bollard of claim 2, wherein the base has a circular cross-section.
 This specification relates to a patent application of Utility Model
that foresees an innovation in traffic bollard, of the type that is
intended to be used as a mean of demarcation or delimitation of
pedestrian and/or vehicle tracks in both indoor and outdoor environments.
 The state of the art comprises a wide range of elements intended to be used to demarcate or delimit tracks for pedestrians and/or vehicles, being very common, generally, in parking lots and passages and even as a mean of organizing queues.
 Current traffic bollards are usually configured as relatively expensive manufacturing parts produced in expensive processes and for that reason are not used in a large scale.
 In light of the aforementioned state of the art, the present traffic bollard model was developed, which presents a simple, low-cost structure that can be manufactured in a large scale, being for that reason a feasible alternative to conventional traffic bollards.
 The traffic bollard herein mentioned can be generally made of plastic origin material or the like, either by employing injection, molding, or any other suitable process.
 The traffic bollard, object of this patent application of Utility Model, might be known in each of its features through the detailed description obtained from the drawings related below, wherein:
 FIG. 1 illustrates a perspective view of the traffic bollard model herein mentioned;
 FIG. 2 illustrates a cross-section view of the traffic bollard from the FIG. 1, such as indicated by the "A"-"A" cut line, considering that an amplified detail is originated from the aforementioned FIG. 2, which is taken from the traffic bollard base; and
 FIG. 3 illustrates a perspective, schematic view that demonstrates the use of a certain number of samples of the traffic bollard herein mentioned, being used to define a track over an area.
 According to the illustrated on the Figures mentioned above, the model of traffic bollard object of this patent application of Utility Model and generally indicated by the numerical reference 1, includes a monoblock body 2 made of plastic origin material or the like.
 The monoblock body 2 is defined by a base portion 3 with a preferably round contour of which a tubular portion 4 of preferably round cross-section heads upstream.
 Essentially, the monoblock body 2 is hollow from its base and through all the inner portion of its tubular section 4.
 The base portion 3 has a conical log configuration, being crossed by vertical holes 5 intended to receive and be pierced by clamping screws/bushings 6 that are used to provide the fixing of the traffic bollard 1 over the surface of the floor P.
 The outer surface of the tubular portion 4 includes strips in relative low relief 7 that houses bands 8 of reflective material 9, said bands being attached along the strips in relative low relief 7.
 The traffic bollard herein mentioned is a low-cost feature, which can be manufactured on a large scale and, due to that, presents a complete possibility of being used replacing traffic bollards from the state of the art. It is moreover worth underlining that the traffic bollard proposed can be made of materials with elastic features, being resistant to impacts and, due to that reason, returning to its original shape after an eventual impact.
Patent applications in class TRAFFIC STEERING DEVICE OR BARRIER
Patent applications in all subclasses TRAFFIC STEERING DEVICE OR BARRIER